GAGE GOLF – Updated 14 May 2020
COVID-19 – RULES AND REGULATIONS REGARDING CHECKIN, PRACTICE & PLAY
In order to open the golf course during the current COVID 19 crisis, our management team and executive committee are required to implement several new rules and policies.
These changes are designed to protect the safety of both our members and staff. Failure to adhere to these policies could result in the Province shutting down the course. The Gage Golf Club respectfully requests that all members and staff make themselves fully aware of these new rules and policies. Although we hope that all members and staff willingly comply with these changes, the course management and executive committee are required to strictly enforce these policies and if required, discipline members and staff who blatantly disregard the rules.
Clearly, we hope everyone understands the requirement and that these changes were made with the best interests of our members and staff at heart. The executive will be reviewing provincial/federal legislation, & recommendations from Golf Canada and Golf New Brunswick on a weekly basis. We will update our local rules and policies regularly to ensure your safety and golf experience at the Gage.
- We must adhere to the social distance regulations of at least 6 ft.
- Please use the provided sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Please review the “Government of NB Covid19 Screening Tool” upon entrance.
- You may enter the building through the main door and exit the proshop door.
- Maximum x4 people in the proshop area at once.
- Club storage is permitted in the Ice Shed. Please access via the side door.
- Lockers rentals are available. Lockers are only accessible via the entrance under the deck. Social distancing must be adhered to. Please only touch your assigned locker. Maximum x4 people in the locker room at a time.
- Please book tee times by phone or online.
- If you are in the clubhouse please follow all directives.
- Arts Bar & Grill will be operating on a limited capacity. A reduced menu and many restrictions are in place to ensure your safety. Please respect all rules.
- Members should be aware that pitchers of water will not be available due to Covid19 restrictions. Golfers must purchase water or bring their own from home when going on the course.
- Social distancing rules apply. 6 ft apart at all times. Stalls are identified for left and right hand hitters. Players cannot move the mats or ball collectors. They must hit from a mat as per the signage.
- Please sanitize your hands before touching ball dispenser and buckets.
- Only staff will pick up balls once they have been hit.
- Please avoid touching range balls as much as possible and move with your club.
- Please place used buckets as directed by signage. Buckets, tees and balls will be cleaned daily by Gage Staff.
ON THE COURSE
- All groups will have 10 min intervals between tee times.
- Please maintain social distancing on the course.
- Power carts:
- Will be sanitized and washed by staff prior to use.
- Two people from the same household are permitted to ride together.
- Two-household bubble.
- As per the Government of New Brunswick’s Covid 19 Recovery Plan (Orange Level): “In an effort to reduce social isolation, your household can join up with one other household, if both households mutually agree. You must not have close contact with anyone else. You cannot join up with more than one household or bubble.”
- Gage Golf will accept golfers of the same bubble to ride on a cart together. Members must confirm their bubble with the proshop prior to being authorized to ride together. Written confirmation will be required from both parties in the bubble.
- For 2020 we will be allowing x10 additional personnel power carts to be used on the course and stored in the corral. All applicable trail fees and rules apply. Please contact the proshop for more information. Allocations are on a first come first serve basis.
- Rental pull carts and clubs are available. All equipment will be washed and sanitized between use.
- Score cards will not be placed in the mail box between holes 1 & 2. Ensure you get a card before you start. Gage Staff will place cards and pencils in power carts.
- Rakes will not be provided in the bunkers. Bunkers will be preferred lie.
- Food & Beverage will be available on the course at Dearman Corner Halfway House.
- Debit or credit card only.
- Flags are not to be removed from the hole under any circumstance. We have placed pool noodles ¾ inch below the edge of the cup.
- Ball washers/Divot Mix will not be available until further notice.
- Continuous putting is encouraged.
- We will only have washroom access on the course, at Howe Crescent near 7 & 17 tees.
AFTER YOUR ROUND
- Please put your score in the Golf Canada score centre using your mobile device if possible. Proshop staff are happy to assist.
- Art’s Bar and Grill will have a limited menu and seating available. Social Distancing must be adhered to. There are many restrictions and best practices in place. Please adhere to all posted rules and guidelines in the dining area.
- Please park your power cart along the ditch near cart line. Signage is posted.
These rules and regulations are not open to interpretation. We have your safety and best interests in mind at all times. We appreciate your understanding. We will communicate with you regularly with updates.
General Manager – Golf & Operations